Turkish Family Tries to Smuggle Relative into Bulgaria
A Turkish family has tried to smuggle a relative through the Kalotina border crossing point.
The 34-year-old man was hidden in the passengers' luggage, according to a press release issued by Bulgaria's Interior Ministry.
An Opel with a German registration plate arrived Friday at the Kalotina border crossing point, awaiting permission to exit Bulgaria.
The driver, a Turkish national aged 31, had a residence permit for Germany.
He was traveling with his wife and two kids.
The driver said that there were four people in the car and handed the four passports.
The vehicle was fully loaded with luggage.
During an inspection of the car, border police found a man covered in a blanket between the two seats.
The 34-year-old Turkish national was found to be a relative of the woman.
His passport had no stamps or visas.
The Turkish adults were arrested and the children were accommodated at a specialized facility.
The investigation into the case continues.
- » Arrested Suspect for the Attacks in Munich Earlier Today
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo