Security Camera Caught Burgas Bomber Accomplice in Varna
The suspected accomplice of the perpetrator of the terrorist attack on Israeli tourists in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas has been caught on camera in Varna.
The news was reported Friday by the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, citing undisclosed sources from the investigation. They said the man who had a fake driver's license from the US State of Michigan under the name of Ralph William Rico has been taped entering and leaving the other Black Sea city of Varna in an automobile. He has also been caught by the security camera of an undisclosed car rental company in an undisclosed city.
It further remains unclear if the cameras in Varna were part of the City Hall video monitoring or have been mounted on office buildings.
The investigators are probing all cross border check points and their security camera tapes in an effort to establish how the attackers entered the country.
On Thursday, the Interior Ministry released a computer-generated image of the alleged accomplice and a better photograph from another fake Michigan, US, driver's license, believed to have belonged to the perpetrator, who is listed on it as Jacque Felipe Martin.
The July 18 terrorist attack in Bulgaria's Burgas, also known as the Burgas Bus Bombing, killed 5 Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver at the Sarafovo Airport. The initial lead, purported by Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, was that it has been executed by a suicide bomber, who arrived from abroad.
Speaking Friday before bTV Tsvetanov reiterated the above, which contradicts a number of observers and terror experts, who insist this lead is looking less and less reliable and the most sustainable hypothesis is that the perpetrator has been used as a mule.
- » 2 Police Officers Arrested and Charged with Drug Distribution and Taking Bribes
- » Turkey Arrests 4 People Over Explosion at Tupras Refinery
- » 73-year-old Man gave BGN 100 000 to Telephone Scammers in Sofia
- » The Police Arrested a Commander from Islamic State in Special Operation in Sofia (Video)
- » Police Chief in Plovdiv Detained on Suspicion for Involvement in Telephone Fraud
- » Bulgarian Crooks who Posed as Masters Games Athletes Jailed 8 Months For Bank Fraud