Bulgaria Emerges as Tropical Destination in Ukrainian Ad
A poster advertising Bulgarian vacations to Ukrainian holidaymakers has depicted Bulgaria as a tropical country, a Ukrainian news site reports.
The ad in question advertises bus tours from the Ukrainian city of Poltava to Bulgaria, picturing an black man climbing on a palm tree.
"Ukrainian advertisers are so creative and their sense is so deep that it can hardly be understood by the regular people," the Ukrainian news site "Poltavshtina" commented on the ad Monday, as cited by the Bulgarian news agency Focus.
"In Poltava, they advertise bus tours to Bulgaria in an unorthodox way. Back in the days, this country was called "the 16th Republic of the USSR", and a vacation in Golden Sands (a Bulgarian Black Sea resort – editor's note) was considered Soviet chic," the publication reminds.
"However, the advertisers seem to have decided to add something exotic presenting Bulgaria with a palm tree an a black local man. The black man is apparently staring in the distance hoping to spot the buses coming from Poltava," Poltashtina comments.
The commentary on the ad ends with a remark that the Bulgarian Black Sea coast does see high temperatures in the summer but that is about all that it has in common with tropical destinations such as Africa or Oceania.
- » Wizz Air to Launch Sofia - Athens flights in March 2018
- » Sofia Airport has Returned 604 Lost Items Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Weekend Idea: Autumn Walk Around Shabla
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises in August
- » Sofia Airport Welcomed its 5-millionth Passenger
- » 50% more Chinese Tourists in Bulgaria