Police Nab Biker Who Triggered Panic in Sofia Mall
Bulgarian police authorities have arrested one of the two youngsters who recently created public disturbance by entering a Sofia mall on motor bikes.
The police have identified both bikers by looking at CCTV footage and approaching some of the youngsters' friends, local media say. A 22-year-old Sofianite has been arrested, while his 18-year-old partner is yet to be found.
On June 5, the two bikers accessed a Sofia-based mall through its underground parking lot, rode through the escalators and disappeared through the main entry, their stunt lasting approximately a minute. CCTV cameras captured the bikers but their license plates were covered.
Sofia's Traffic Police made a peculiar comment on the case, reminding that they are in charge of controlling road traffic "and not mall traffic."
A similar stunt was performed in 2010, when three bikers rode through another mall in Sofia.
- » Today is the European Statistics Day
- » Mostly Sunny Weather with Temperatures of up to 22-27°C
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Commemorates Saint Ivan Rilski
- » 782 Residential Buildings were Rehabilitated under the National Energy Efficiency Program
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today with Temperatures of Up to 22-27°C
- » Those who Died in the California Fires are Now 42