Disco Queen Donna Summer Dies at 63
Legendary disco singer Donna Summer passed away Thursday after losing a long battle with cancer, according to a report from TMZ. She was 63.
The sad news still has not been confirmed by Summer's publicist.
Summer was a 5-time Grammy winner whose hits dominated the charts in the 1970s. Her songs like "Last Dance," "Bad Girls" and "Hot Stuff" were among the decade's most successful.
She continued topping charts into the 1980s, with hits like "She Works Hard for the Money" and"This Time I Know It's for Real."
She is survived by her husband, singer and producer Bruce Sudano, their daughters, Brooklyn and Amanda and Summer's daughter, Mimi, from a previous marriage.
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76
- » Givenchy, French fashion Icon, Dies Aged 91
- » The Captain of Fiorentina and the Italian National Davide Astori Died Suddenly
- » Danish Queen's Husband Prince Henrik Dies
- » Hollywood Star John Mahoney Died at the Age of 77
- » Fidel Castro's Eldest Son Commits Suicide