Disco Queen Donna Summer Dies at 63
Legendary disco singer Donna Summer passed away Thursday after losing a long battle with cancer, according to a report from TMZ. She was 63.
The sad news still has not been confirmed by Summer's publicist.
Summer was a 5-time Grammy winner whose hits dominated the charts in the 1970s. Her songs like "Last Dance," "Bad Girls" and "Hot Stuff" were among the decade's most successful.
She continued topping charts into the 1980s, with hits like "She Works Hard for the Money" and"This Time I Know It's for Real."
She is survived by her husband, singer and producer Bruce Sudano, their daughters, Brooklyn and Amanda and Summer's daughter, Mimi, from a previous marriage.
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91
- » At the Age of 90, Poet John Ashbery Died