Popular Bulgarian Pop Singer Katya Filipova Dies at 63
The popular Bulgarian pop singer, Katya Filipova, passed away Sunday at the age of 63 from pulmonary embolism.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian National Radio.
Ironically enough, Filipova, who was considered one of Bulgaria greatest voices, died on her birthday.
Some of her songs such as "Unforgettable," "Good Acquaintances," and "Good Evening," have been real hits for many years.
The funeral service is scheduled for Wednesday at 12 noon at the "Saint Paraskeva" church in the capital Sofia.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76