Sofia Ambulance Service Investigated after Patient Death
The regional Sofia unit of Bulgaria's Emergency Medical Assistance agency is under an internal investigation based on a signal for a patient's death.
This was announced at an extraordinary press conference of the ambulance service's head, Ivelina Georgieva.
10 days ago, the unnamed female patient underwent a serious operation, after which her condition deteriorated.
7.41 Saturday morning their relatives called 112, an ambulance left at 7.51 am and reached the patient in 8.10 am, according to Georgieva.
The patient was initially transported to the emergency ward in Sofia region town of Svoge, where she was reanimated, after which the ambulance drove her to Sofia for hospitalization.
Unfortunately, the patient passed away during the drive to Sofia.
The Emergency Medical Assistance service at Bulgaria's Ministry of Health is carrying out a full investigation on the causes of the death and will take all necessary measures, assured Georgieva.
She further explained that she hopes by Monday all documentation and interviews with doctors needed for the check will be completed.
- » Only 6% of Bulgarians Decided to Use the Opportunity to Take Out Their Insurance Online
- » The State is Taking Measures About the Export of Medicines
- » The Expected NHIF Deficit for this Year is About BGN 38 Million
- » Flu Epidemic in Bulgaria is Expected in late January and early February
- » Pirogov Hospital Continues to Operate Despite the Protests
- » World AIDS Day 2017