Sofia Ambulance Service Investigated after Patient Death
The regional Sofia unit of Bulgaria's Emergency Medical Assistance agency is under an internal investigation based on a signal for a patient's death.
This was announced at an extraordinary press conference of the ambulance service's head, Ivelina Georgieva.
10 days ago, the unnamed female patient underwent a serious operation, after which her condition deteriorated.
7.41 Saturday morning their relatives called 112, an ambulance left at 7.51 am and reached the patient in 8.10 am, according to Georgieva.
The patient was initially transported to the emergency ward in Sofia region town of Svoge, where she was reanimated, after which the ambulance drove her to Sofia for hospitalization.
Unfortunately, the patient passed away during the drive to Sofia.
The Emergency Medical Assistance service at Bulgaria's Ministry of Health is carrying out a full investigation on the causes of the death and will take all necessary measures, assured Georgieva.
She further explained that she hopes by Monday all documentation and interviews with doctors needed for the check will be completed.
- » The Health Fund has Voted a BGN 400 Million Increase in the Budget for Next Year
- » 5 Foods to Include in your Menu for Good Eyesight
- » Only 3% of Bulgarians are Vaccinated Against Flu
- » About 60% of General Practitioners in Bulgaria are over 55 Years of Age
- » Sofia Municipality Presents a Health Portal of the Hospitals in the Capital
- » BGN 300 Thousand Will be Provided by the Ministry of Health to the Hospitals in Lovech and Vratsa