Widow of Controversial Bulgarian Businessman Dies
Eva Mihova, the widow of controversial businessman Mihail Mihov, has died of abrupt bleeding following an operation in a Sofia-based hospital.
According to unconfirmed reports cited by news portal dnevnik.bg, the news about Mihova's death surfaced on Wednesday with a one-day delay.
Mihova died a little more than a year after her husband, who was found dead in a hotel room in Pravets on March 30, 2011.
According to official reports, the 47-year-old businessman died of a heart attack.
Mihov's name made headlines in January 2011 in connection with the so-called Tapegate scandal.
In early January 2011, the Galeria weekly released three tapes of discrediting conversations between Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Customs Agency head Vanyo Tanov, Finance Minister Simeon Djankov, and Deputy Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov.
In one of the conversations Borisov was heard ordering Tanov to immediately pull out customs inspectors out of the "Ledenika" brewery owned by Mihail Mihov because he had promised the businessman not to bother him.
Borisov argued in Parliament that his call about Mihov had been ordered by former President Georgi Parvanov.
Eva Mihova was the owner of three companies and of shares in two other firms.
She participated in the management of a total of 11 firms, according to information from the Daxy Bulgaria business database.
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91