Top10 Facts about ABB in Bulgaria
Top 10 Facts about ABB in Bulgaria - compiled for the Investors of the Decade Business Survey of Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) and Novinite.bg.
1. The Asea and Brown Boveri companies have been present in Bulgaria for over 80 years and ABB since 1993, through a local organization. Nowadays the company represents the strength on the Bulgarian market of power and automation equipment.
2. ABB in Bulgaria received the 'Investor of the Year 2009 award" - a high recognition granted to ABB by the Invest Bulgaria Agency for its new factory in the Plovdiv area;
3. ABB operates in Bulgaria through three companies in five locations, employing a total number of over 1000 employees.
4. In 2011 ABB in Bulgaria was awarded the Gold Medal by the Bulgarian Industrial Association, for the company's contribution to the economy in Bulgaria.
5. As part of its sustainability program, ABB is engaged in social and cultural projects in Bulgaria.
6. ABB's Code of Conduct. Whatever change may be going on in the world around us, one thing remains unchanged: ABB's commitment to maintain the highest standards of business ethics and integrity.
7. The ABB factory in Sevlievo extended its production competence at the end of 2011, when the company assembled and delivered to European customers the first Metal Enclosed Capacitor Banks (MECB) and Local Control Cabinets.
8. ABB's production units in Petrich and Sevlievo have been operating as ABB factories for over 15 years now.
9. ABB is a leader in the photovoltaic domain, developing outstanding projects in Bulgaria. The company has finalized the Samovodene and Zlataritsa photovoltaic parks.
10. ABB owns the first licensed Turbochargers Service Station in the Balkans, located in Varna. The Service station is serving customers such as Ship owners, Shipping Companies, Power Plant Operators and Owners