Cancellation of Belene NPP Project Should be Revoked – Mayor
Petar Dulev, Mayor of the northern town of Belene, has expressed optimism that the decision for the suspension of the nuclear power plant project will be revoked.
"What gives us cause for optimism is the studies and the data available on the project, including the preliminary report of the British consulting bank," Dulev added.
He explained that the decision to stop the project was "not in the best interests of the country or the residents of the region."
The Mayor of Belene told journalists that the local population had reacted negatively to the newly announced withdrawal from the nuclear power plant project because they had been hoping that it would create jobs and speed up the social and economic development of the region.
"We shall not protest the decision to stop the implementation of the project but we believe that objectivity leads to a positive solution of the problem for the construction of a nuclear power station near Belene,"Dulev added.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia
- » New Air-Electric Line Will be Built Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » CEZ will Explore Possibilities for Bulgarian State to Participate in the Deal
- » The Ministry of Energy will Check the Heating in Pernik