Cancellation of Belene NPP Project Should be Revoked – Mayor
Petar Dulev, Mayor of the northern town of Belene, has expressed optimism that the decision for the suspension of the nuclear power plant project will be revoked.
"What gives us cause for optimism is the studies and the data available on the project, including the preliminary report of the British consulting bank," Dulev added.
He explained that the decision to stop the project was "not in the best interests of the country or the residents of the region."
The Mayor of Belene told journalists that the local population had reacted negatively to the newly announced withdrawal from the nuclear power plant project because they had been hoping that it would create jobs and speed up the social and economic development of the region.
"We shall not protest the decision to stop the implementation of the project but we believe that objectivity leads to a positive solution of the problem for the construction of a nuclear power station near Belene,"Dulev added.
- » Americans will Build a New Electric Plant in Kosovo
- » Russian Gas Supplies to Italy have Resumed
- » Part of Europe Left Without Gas Due to the Explosion in Austria
- » Bulgargaz Wants to Raise the Gas Price by 3% from January
- » EUR 60 million is the Estimated Value of the Pipeline for the New Gas Connection with Greece
- » Improving Energy Efficiency is One of the Main Goals of Bulgaria