Bulgaria Slumps in UK Top Overseas Property Ranking
The Bulgarian market slumped to the 10th ranking of top worldwide overseas property destinations for the Brits, according to TheMoveChannel.com's monthly Top of the Props report.
According to the ranking, in February, Bulgaria went down 4 places, compared to January, 2012.
Just 1.96% of enquiries about a property purchase sent to the site in February have been related to the Bulgarian market, compared to 3.9% in January.
The big surprise in February was Brazil, which ousted the UK as the world's 6th largest economy and burst into the top three worldwide overseas property destinations for the first time.
The 2014 World Cup host rose eight places in the property portal's chart last month, taking over 10 percent of all enquiries on the site. Brazil's boom was big enough to beat both France and Portugal, but not enough to drown out Spain and America's steady drum of investment, TheMoveChannel explain.
Spain's share of enquiries actually increased by 2.65%, securing its position above the USA as the most popular property destination in the world.
- » Eurostat: 85% of Bulgarians Live in their Own Home
- » 1/3 of Homes and Apartments in Bulgaria are Uninhabited
- » First Time in Bulgaria: Residential Complex Received a Certificate for a Sustainable Building
- » Construction and the Property Market with a Serious Jump in 2017
- » Part of a Main Boulevard in Plovdiv Turned out to be Private Property
- » The Chief Architect Offers Two Skyscraper Areas far from Downtown Sofia