American University in Bulgaria Rises against Meal Plan Fees
Over 300 students from the American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) located in the southwestern city of Blagoevgrad have rallied against new school fees, including the introduction of a meal plan.
The AUBG students have protested against the increase of the student activities fee from USD 250 to USD 350, and the introduction of USD 350 meal plan, which also binds them to the AUBG dining services.
The protesters rallied in downtown Blagoevgrad, and upon reaching the AUBG building, they were met by AUBG Provost Cyrus Reed. Later the students were received by AUBG President David Huwiler.
The dispute appears yet to be a matter of talks between the university administration and the student body at the American University in Bulgaria.
- » Campaign for Student Candidates has Began at Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski"
- » Over 6500 Bulgarian Students Will Receive Euro Scholarships For the Winter Semester
- » 1,200 Students will Receive Financial Support for Outstanding Performance
- » 892 Schools Across the Country are Closed Due to the Flu Epidemic
- » The Bourgas Prosecutor's Office Ordered a Check on Violence Against Children in a Kindergarten
- » In 887 Schools in the Country there are no Classes Because of the Flu