Pop Queen Whitney Houston Passes Away at 48
Prominent pop singer Whitney Houston has been found dead in the Beverly Hills Hotel, shocking the music industry on the eve of the 2012 Grammy Awards.
It was Houston's bodyguard that found her body, CNN informs.
No obvious signs of criminal intent have been registered by police officials, who are currently investigating to determine the cause of death.
The talented entertainer sold more than 170 million albums, singles and videos. She earned 30 Billboard Awards, 22 American Music Awards and two Emmy Awards, but she also struggled with addiction problems over the years.
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76
- » Givenchy, French fashion Icon, Dies Aged 91