Legendary Bulgarian Actor Kosta Tsonev Dies at 82
Kosta Tsonev, one of the most beloved Bulgarian actors, has passed away at the age of 82, his family announced.
Tsonev, born on June 10, 1929, in Sofia, died at 4:30 pm on Wednesday, January 25, 2012.
Throughout his career Kosta Tsonev, a graduate of the Bulgarian Academy for Theater and Film Arts, has received three times Bulgaria's awards for best roles in theater, and three times the awards for best roles in cinema.
Some of his most memorable roles were in cult Bulgarian films and TV series: "John Asen's Weddings", "There Is Nothing Better than Bad Weather", "Mr. Nobody", "Die as a Last Resort", "Be Happy, Annie", "A Dog Story without a Dog", "A Home for Our Children".
In 2001, Tsonev entered politics as a Member of Parliament from the National Movement for Stability and Prosperity of former Bulgarian Tsar and PM Simeon Saxe-Coburg.
In 2005-2009, he was reelected to the Bulgarian Parliament on the NMSP ticket from the Sliven District.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76