US Ambassador Urges Bulgaria to Attract Foreign Investments
Bulgaria's government should put more efforts into attracting foreign investments, US Ambassador in Sofia James Warlick reckons.
"Recently, we have witnessed decisions which will not result in attracting foreign investments, despite the government's declarations that it wants them. The actions do not correspond to the words," Warlick has commented, as cited by the 24 Chasa daily.
On Tuesday, the US envoy attended a seminar organized by General Electric and dedicated to the sustainable development of Bulgaria's infrastructure.
Bulgaria can offer a favorable business environment and General Electric's presence in the country over the past few years proves it, Warlick believes.
Cristian Colteanu, GE President and CEO for Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova declared his willingness to engage in long-term partnerships with the government, the local administrations and the Bulgarian business in order to implement innovations in the fields of energy, healthcare, water resources and lighting.
Colteanu emphasized the importance of GE's healthymagination strategy that is supposed that is supposed to spare USD 6 B in global healthcare money over the next five years.
According to Mihaela Mihaylova, head of GE Healthcare Bulgaria, the company will create 100 innovative healthcare products in the country by the end of 2015.
- » Bulgaria's President Receives Saudi Foreign Minister
- » Visit of Austrian Chancellor Postponed to March 15
- » North Korea Canceled at the Last Minute a Meeting with Mike Pence
- » The Meeting of the Austrian Chancellor with Borisov is Postponed due to Health Reasons
- » Bulgaria and Cape Verde will Cooperate in Tourism and Education
- » The Chancellor of Austria Arrives on a Visit to Bulgaria