Sofia Sees Highest Drop in Europe's Prime Office Space Rents
Bulgaria's capital Sofia has registered the highest decrease in the rent prices for prime office spaces among 53 European cities, a CB Richard Ellis report shows.
In the fourth quarter of 2011 Bulgaria's office rents dropped by 7.1% year on year. Compared to the previous quarter, the decrease was 3.7%, the highest decrease among the European cities included in the report, according to the Mediapool news agency.
The rents in Sofia's highest office space rental market segment were EUR 13 per sq m at the end of the fourth quarter of 2011.
Drops in the prime office space rents were observed in several regions of Croatia, Ireland, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain, as well as UK's Edinburgh.
The biggest increase was registered in the Russian market, with rental prices growing by 33% year on year.
- » 24 % of the Apartments in Sofia are Uninhabited
- » The Properties by the Sea: The Russians Leave, the Westerners Come
- » VMware has Negotiated the Largest Office Deal in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria is Seventh in the EU in Increase of House Prices in 2017
- » A Court in China Sells an Unfinished Skyscraper at an Auction
- » Metalworking Plant in Vidin has been Put Up For Sale for 34 Bitcoin