Number of Russians with Bulgarian Visa Up 32% in 2011
In 2001, Bulgarian Consular Offices in the Russian Federation had issued 32% more visas, compared to 2010.
The total number of visas in 2011 is 390 882.
The information was reported Wednesday by the press center of the Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Ministry.
The Consular Office in Sankt Petersburg registers a 13% increase in the number of visas, the one in Moscow – 36%.
The number if individual applicants and respectively visas is up 64%.
The increase is attributed to travels to Bulgaria of Russian citizens, who had purchased vacation and residential properties, along with members of their families and friends accompanying them.
In the last 3-4 years, over 200 000 Russians have purchased real estate in Bulgaria, valued at over USD 1 B, according to latest estimates.
- » Eurostat: 85% of Bulgarians Live in their Own Home
- » 1/3 of Homes and Apartments in Bulgaria are Uninhabited
- » First Time in Bulgaria: Residential Complex Received a Certificate for a Sustainable Building
- » Construction and the Property Market with a Serious Jump in 2017
- » Part of a Main Boulevard in Plovdiv Turned out to be Private Property
- » The Chief Architect Offers Two Skyscraper Areas far from Downtown Sofia