Number of Russians with Bulgarian Visa Up 32% in 2011
In 2001, Bulgarian Consular Offices in the Russian Federation had issued 32% more visas, compared to 2010.
The total number of visas in 2011 is 390 882.
The information was reported Wednesday by the press center of the Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Ministry.
The Consular Office in Sankt Petersburg registers a 13% increase in the number of visas, the one in Moscow – 36%.
The number if individual applicants and respectively visas is up 64%.
The increase is attributed to travels to Bulgaria of Russian citizens, who had purchased vacation and residential properties, along with members of their families and friends accompanying them.
In the last 3-4 years, over 200 000 Russians have purchased real estate in Bulgaria, valued at over USD 1 B, according to latest estimates.
- » 24 % of the Apartments in Sofia are Uninhabited
- » The Properties by the Sea: The Russians Leave, the Westerners Come
- » VMware has Negotiated the Largest Office Deal in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria is Seventh in the EU in Increase of House Prices in 2017
- » A Court in China Sells an Unfinished Skyscraper at an Auction
- » Metalworking Plant in Vidin has been Put Up For Sale for 34 Bitcoin