Former Macedonian President Kiro Gligorov Dies
Kiro Gligorov, the first democratically elected president of the Republic of Macedonia, has died at the age of 94.
The news was officially confirmed by Zivko Kondev, head of Gligorov's office, who said that he had died in his sleep at his home in Skopje on Sunday evening.
Gligorov, who led Macedonia to independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, served for two terms, from January 27, 1991 to November 19, 1999.
The funeral will take place on January 03 at the Butel cemetery in Skopje.
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76
- » Givenchy, French fashion Icon, Dies Aged 91
- » The Captain of Fiorentina and the Italian National Davide Astori Died Suddenly
- » Danish Queen's Husband Prince Henrik Dies
- » Hollywood Star John Mahoney Died at the Age of 77
- » Fidel Castro's Eldest Son Commits Suicide