Former Macedonian President Kiro Gligorov Dies
Kiro Gligorov, the first democratically elected president of the Republic of Macedonia, has died at the age of 94.
The news was officially confirmed by Zivko Kondev, head of Gligorov's office, who said that he had died in his sleep at his home in Skopje on Sunday evening.
Gligorov, who led Macedonia to independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, served for two terms, from January 27, 1991 to November 19, 1999.
The funeral will take place on January 03 at the Butel cemetery in Skopje.
- » One More Member of Motorhead Died
- » Singer Johnny Hallyday Dies Aged 74
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies