Bulgarian Sopharma Business Towers Awarded Golden DGNB Certificate
Bulgaria's Sopharma Business Towers has received a golden DGNB Bulgaria certificate for sustainable construction.
The project now possesses two golden certificates - one for its office buildings and one for its retail center.
The scale and fulfillment of Sopharma Business Towers, an office development in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, make it a unique project for Eastern Europe. The business development is ranked as Class A - the highest class in office and retail buildings according to European and global classifications. The high-tech office buildings class A use the energy of the sun, wind, the natural temperature of the soil and ground-wate
The DGNB Certification System was developed by the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB) to be used as a tool for the planning and evaluation of buildings in this comprehensive perspective on quality.
The DGNB certificate is a tool developed from practice for the straightforward assessment and planning of sustainable buildings. It aims at covering all essential aspects of sustainable building. These aspects were defined with broad consensus covering six fields: ecology, economics, sociocultural and functional aspects, technology, processes, and site.
Each field contains special criteria that can be designed and weighted differently depending on the occupancy profile; each field is also viewed over the building's entire lifecycle.
If the building fulfills the criteria, it receives the DGNB certificate in gold, silver, or bronze depending on the total performance index. Building owners and investors can then clearly document the high quality of their real estate.
- » Eurostat: 85% of Bulgarians Live in their Own Home
- » 1/3 of Homes and Apartments in Bulgaria are Uninhabited
- » First Time in Bulgaria: Residential Complex Received a Certificate for a Sustainable Building
- » Construction and the Property Market with a Serious Jump in 2017
- » Part of a Main Boulevard in Plovdiv Turned out to be Private Property
- » The Chief Architect Offers Two Skyscraper Areas far from Downtown Sofia