Idiocracy Gone Wild in Bulgaria
Former football player Hristo Stoichkov, who was recently appointed Bulgaria's honorary Consul in Barcelona, has received a new unthinkable honor: he is now Doctor Honoris Causa of an actual University.
In an apparent act of self-humiliation that aims at deeply touching the former striker's close pal, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Bulgaria's Plovdiv University presented Stoichkov with the prestigious title on Friday. As a result, a respected sociologist was forced to quit the University.
The sight of a man whose active vocabulary consists almost entirely of profanities becoming an "honorary doctor" was simply too grotesque for the Bulgarian scientist.
The University students in Bulgaria probably also feel humiliated by Stoichkov's new title – even though they are already used to it. After all, Borisov recently advised the students who experience difficulties in finding a job to become shepherds.
By the way, on Tuesday, Borisov extended his little piece of advice to all Bulgarians.
The idiocracy in the Balkan country is far from over..
- » Bulgaria Where Free, Quality TV Stations Get Born to Die
- » It’s March 2018, and Bulgaria Is Neither Here, Nor There, and Going Nowhere!
- » Back with Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) 5 Years Later!
- » Boycott of Moscow's Victory Day Parade Helps New Iron Curtain Fall
- » Good Nationalists, Bad Nationalists and Pro-European Governments
- » Hypo Alpe Adria – The Final Rip-Off