Sofia Architecture Week Opens in Bulgaria's Capital
The "SAW 2011" (Sofia Architecture Week 2011) festival is opening Tuesday in the Bulgarian capital.
A number of exhibits and lectures, scheduled between November 1 and 6, are going to present the unlimited possibilities of architecture.
The exhibit Images of the City aims at bringing together, comparing, and creating different visions for the urban environment in Sofia. The competition titled Arch Module focuses on the future of panel buildings in Bulgaria – the results will be presented during SAW 2011.
The US Embassy in Sofia is sponsoring the participation of American architect Fritz Haeg, whose lecture is one of the opening events of SAW 2011. Haeg's presentation begins at 8 pm Tuesday at Perform Business Center, 2 Positano Square.
On November 2, SAW will see Austria's contribution, "Modern Austrian architecture made of wood", at the Alma Mater Gallery of Sofia University. Curator-in-chief Ruediger Lex and architect Bruno Moser will give lectures on a broad range of aspects involved when building using wood. These lectures are on November 2 at the Club of the Architects, Krakra Street.
There are a total of 14 exhibits, 12 lectures, 8 discussions, plus work meetings, presentations and film showings.
The festival is organized for the 4th consecutive year by the EDNO (ONE) project, the America for Bulgaria Foundation and the Sofia City Hall.
More information can be found at the festival website.
- » Extensive Guide for Upcoming Films in 2018 We are Excited About
- » Theodor Ushev Shows for the First Time in Sofia an Immersive Art Installation and a Mixed Reality
- » "The Shape of Water" Took the Award of American Film Critics
- » Modigliani Art Exhibit Found to be Full of fakes
- » An Interactive Exhibition Will Welcome the Guests to the Opening Ceremony For the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » "Rolling Stones" have the Most Successful Tour of the Year