Ex Bulgarian Interior Secretary Tsvyatko Tsvetkov Dies at 67
Reserve officer Col. Tsvyatko Tsvetkov, a former Chief Secretary of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry and a well-known Socialist Party activist, has passed away at the age of 67.
Tsvetkov was born in 1943 in the northern town of Lukovit in the family of history teachers. He graduated from a high school in Sofia, and from Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" with a degree in mathematics.
He held a number of senior positions in the Bulgarian Interior Ministry both during and after the communist period. He was the Interior Secretary in the government of Zhan Videnov in 1995-6.
Tsvetkov is a member of the National Council of the Bulgarian Socialist Party.
"Tsvetkov was a bright figure of the left, he stood bravely and energetically for his ideas. The BSP lost an expert and an activist," the Socialist Party said in a statement.
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91
- » At the Age of 90, Poet John Ashbery Died
- » 20 Years Since Princess Diana's Death