Chair of Bulgarian Journalists Union Dies at 58
The Chair of the Union of Bulgarian Journalists, Milen Valkov, passed away Tuesday after a brief illness.
The information was reported by the Union.
Milne Valkov was born on November 16, 1953, in the Black Sea city of Burgas. He had a long media career and extensive experience in journalism, including in the capacity of Director of such major Bulgarian news agencies as Sofia Press and BTA, as member of the Electronic Media Council, CEM, and member of the Managing Board of the Bulgarian National Television, BNT.
In 2002, Valkov became the Chair of the Managing Board of the Union of Bulgarian Journalists.
The funeral will be held Friday, September 16 at 11 am at the Central Sofia Cemetery.
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91