Bulgarian Pilot Perishes in Sudan
A Bulgarian pilot, identified as Stefan Georgiev Penchev, 45, has perished in Sudan during a sand storm.
The news was reported Saturday by Darik radio, citing their own sources.
The man is from the town of Pordim, near the city of Pernik, in western Bulgaria.
The incident happened on July 28th, about 400 km from the capital Khartoum.
The pilot was on a flight course when the sand storm flipped the craft over. He died on the spot.
While in Bulgaria, Penchev had been employed as a pilot for the agriculture aviation. He is married and has two sons.
Three Bulgarian pilots, working for the United Nations, were abducted in Sudan in January by armed men at an air strip in the town of Um Shalaya, in the largely lawless region of Darfur, Sudan. They were released in the beginning of June
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91
- » At the Age of 90, Poet John Ashbery Died