Prominent Bulgarian TV Critic Dies
Vasa Gancheva, a prominent Bulgarian TV critic, died Friday after a prolonged illness.
She was undergoing abdominal surgery which she did not survive, according to Stoyan Milanov, head of the reanimation unit at the Pirogov hospital in Sofia.
Gancheva was born on April 29, 1946 in Sofia.
She has worked as a film director, script writer, journalist and a TV columnist.
According to Gancheva's sister, translator and Associate Professor of Scandinavian Studies Vera Gancheva, she could not live with the corruption slander in which she was involved in the past months.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76