A BULGARIAN SINGER WON VERDI`S PRIZE
Society | August 4, 2001, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A 22-year-old Bulgarian basso Deyan Vachkov won a special award at the 20th international opera and operetta festival in Vienna. Verdi`s Prize awarded to Vachkov was well deserved after his performance of the aria of Gomez de Silva. For years on end Bulgarians failed to reach the second round of this contest. Fifteen out of a total of 130 candidates reached the final. The Austrians liked the young Bulgarian so much that immediately after they invited him to sing in the Schoenbrunn Palace. Naturally, Deyan would like to be like his great fellow-countrymen, Boris Hristov and Nikolai Gyaourov, and perhaps even to surpass them. Experts predict a brilliant future for him, just as they did for so many Bulgarian basso singers.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Three Earthquakes Hit Northern Italy
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Large Medieval Gold Treasure Seized from Treasure Hunters in Bulgaria’s Kazanlak
- » Death Toll in the Car Accident near Mikre Rises to 9
- » Archaeologists Find Statue of Egyptian Goddess Isis, Satyr’s Head at Roman Villa, Nymphaeum in Bulgaria’s Kasnakovo
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv to Buy Back Roman Forum of Ancient Philipopolis 15 Years after Selling It
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)