A BULGARIAN SINGER WON VERDI`S PRIZE
Society | August 4, 2001, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A 22-year-old Bulgarian basso Deyan Vachkov won a special award at the 20th international opera and operetta festival in Vienna. Verdi`s Prize awarded to Vachkov was well deserved after his performance of the aria of Gomez de Silva. For years on end Bulgarians failed to reach the second round of this contest. Fifteen out of a total of 130 candidates reached the final. The Austrians liked the young Bulgarian so much that immediately after they invited him to sing in the Schoenbrunn Palace. Naturally, Deyan would like to be like his great fellow-countrymen, Boris Hristov and Nikolai Gyaourov, and perhaps even to surpass them. Experts predict a brilliant future for him, just as they did for so many Bulgarian basso singers.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU by the Number of Women Working in the IT Sector
- » A Man Drowned in the Struma River
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)