'Dr Death' Jack Kevorkian Dies at 83
Jack Kevorkian, internationally known as 'Dr. Death' for his assisted suicide advocacy, passed away at 83 at a Detroit hospital on Friday.
Kevorkian had been battling kidney and heart problems, according to the Detroit free press. His attorney, Mayer Morganroth, said it appears Kevorkian suffered a pulmonary thrombosis when a blood clot from his leg broke free and lodged in his heart. "It was peaceful, he didn't feel a thing,
Kevorkian spent eight years in prison after being convicted of second-degree murder in the death of the last of the more than 100 terminally ill patients whose lives he helped end.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76