Bulgarian Citizen to Be Sued for Getting Hit by Government Vehicle
Tsvetomir Bogdanov, the driver whose car was hit by the Bulgarian Defense Minister's escort vehicle in 2010, has been officially accused of "not avoiding the accident".
In April, 2010 the car of Defense Minister, Anyu Angelov, driven by a National Security Service employee hit Bogdanov's SUV at an intersection on capital Sofia's Bulgaria Blvd. Bogdanov's four-year-old daughter, as well as the Minister suffered minor injuries and were taken to the governmental hospital.
Now, Bogdanov faces charges by Sofia's Military Court for being co-responsible for the car crash, since he did not avoid it.
The National Security Service's vehicle was driving through red light, which it is allowed to do in emergency situations and as long as it is deemed safe. The escort driver has claimed he was driving with 50 km/h at the time of the accident, while Bogdanov was drivng with 30 through green light.
The cars of the National Security Service, which guards Bulgaria's high officials, are notorious for causing traffic incidents.
In February 2011, cars from the escort of Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov caused a crash on their way to the Northern city of Pleven.
In September 2010, the escort of President Parvanov caused an incident near Lovech. . In August 2009, Borisov's escort caused a crash near Varna; just two months earlier, Borisov's predecessor Sergey Stanishev's escort was also in a road accident near Blagoevgrad.
- » Hurricane Irma, Bitcoin, Sex Scandals, and Royal Romance are Among the Hottest Public Topics for the Year
- » Every Fifth Child has Met with a Stranger from the Internet
- » 150 New Trees were Planted in the Lauta Park in Plovdiv
- » Which are the Most Dangerous and Which - the Most Attractive toys on the Market at the Moment?
- » Robbie Williams was in Intensive Care for a Week
- » Only 6% of Bulgarians Decided to Use the Opportunity to Take Out Their Insurance Online
The law has been amended- security guards will be able to shoot people now. So next time not only will the person who was crashed on will have a broken car but probably a bullet in his head if these dummies are allowed to randomly shoot anyone. Stay tuned to see what will happen in the near future- I am sure we will hear of an "Accidental shooting" soon.