Brazil's Dilma Wants Bulgarian Football Jersey
Brazil's President of Bulgarian origin Dilma Rousseff wants to own an official jersey of the Bulgarian national football team, it was revealed Saturday.
A large delegation of Brazilian high-profile businesspeople is on an official visit to Sofia, where they met with president of the Bulgarian Football Union Borislav Mihaylov to convey their President's desire.
Saturday Mihaylov met, among others, Cisco representative Edson de Vito, honorary consul of Bulgaria in Rio de Janeiro Joa Gilberto Vas.
The president of the Bulgarian Football Union reacted swiftly and produced an official jersey for Dilma with her name on the back, bearing number 13, the number of Nikolay Mihaylov, Borislav's son and successor as Bulgaria's goalkeeper.
At the meeting were also discussed the opportunities for cooperation with Brazil for the construction of a new national stadium in Sofia.
The idea was put forward for an official friendly match between Brazil and Bulgaria to be played in the coming few years in Sofia, under the auspices of the Brazilian President.
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » President of the House of Representatives of Greece: 'Greece will be Side by Side with Bulgaria During the Presidency of the Council of the EU'
- » Bulgarian PM: 'EU Agreement with Turkey Must be Preserved'
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Sweden's Top Diplomat Complained of Sexual Harassment