Brazil's Dilma Wants Bulgarian Football Jersey
Brazil's President of Bulgarian origin Dilma Rousseff wants to own an official jersey of the Bulgarian national football team, it was revealed Saturday.
A large delegation of Brazilian high-profile businesspeople is on an official visit to Sofia, where they met with president of the Bulgarian Football Union Borislav Mihaylov to convey their President's desire.
Saturday Mihaylov met, among others, Cisco representative Edson de Vito, honorary consul of Bulgaria in Rio de Janeiro Joa Gilberto Vas.
The president of the Bulgarian Football Union reacted swiftly and produced an official jersey for Dilma with her name on the back, bearing number 13, the number of Nikolay Mihaylov, Borislav's son and successor as Bulgaria's goalkeeper.
At the meeting were also discussed the opportunities for cooperation with Brazil for the construction of a new national stadium in Sofia.
The idea was put forward for an official friendly match between Brazil and Bulgaria to be played in the coming few years in Sofia, under the auspices of the Brazilian President.
- » Angela Merkel Comes to Bulgaria on Saturday
- » PM Borisov to President of Kosovo: I Count on Your Help that the Kosovo Mitrovica Case will not Deviate Us From the Big Goal
- » Stoltenberg on an Official Visit to Macedonia
- » Erdogan Meets the Pope on February 5th
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Poland is an Important Country For the EU and a Longtime Ally and Friend of Bulgaria
- » Hoyt Yee: Stability and Development of the Balkans Are Extremely Important