Fortum Share Not Equal to Finland Having Part in Belene NPP - Ambassador
The Fortum energy company makes its own decisions and does not represent the Finnish energy interests in Bulgaria, the Finnish Ambassador in Sofia Tarja Laitiainen said in an exclusive interview for Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency)
"Fortum is not a mediator of Finnish national energy interests. It is an energy company, which makes its own decisions," Tarja Laitiainen explained.
However, she pointed out the Finnish energy company's advantages with regard to the Belene project.
Besides building nuclear power plants, Fortum specialized also in nuclear safety and waste management, thus having the potential to be a very useful partner for Belene. according to the Finnish Ambassador in Bulgaria.
At the time being Finnish energy company Fortum is only committed to 1% of the project company for Bulgarian Belene NPP, as Executive Vice President Anne Brunila told Novinite.com in November 2010.
The first of the agreements s is between Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK)and Russia's state company Rosatom, the parent company of Atomstroyexport.
It was stated that it provides for a maximum fixed price of the Belene NPP by 2016, when the first of its two 1000 MW reactor is supposed to enter into operation, of EUR 6.298 B. NEK will have a majority stake of 51% in the Belene nuclear plant.
Of the other two memorandums, the first was signed by Russian Rosatom, the National Electric Company (NEK) and Fortum, the other by Rosatom, NEK and Altran Technologies.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe