Putin Falls in Love with Bulgarian PM Borisov's Furry Gift
The Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has been captivated by his Bulgarian counterpart Boyko Borisov's gift for him Saturday - a Bulgarian Shepherd puppy.
Putin held in his arms and kissed his sweet new friend after a press conference in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, where the Russian Prime Minister is on a high-profile visit heading a delegation for key energy talks with Borisov.
"I gave the puppy to Putin as a present, I hope this typically Bulgarian breed will bring him joy," Borisov said.
The Bulgarian Prime Minister has a passion for canine pets and the Bulgarian Shepherd Dog is his favorite breed. He states that politicians should be like these dogs, explaining that a Bulgarian Shepherd is "faithful, strong, fights predators and bad people, and is a very good guard."
Another male puppy of Borisov's is reportedly being secretly trained as a gift for present US President Barack Obama.
The Bulgarian shepherd dog is a breed which originated in Bulgaria as a mountain livestock guardian dog. Karakachan dogs are large, long-haired, massive dogs with a well-developed musculature.
The Bulgarian Shepherd was recognized as a separate breed only a few months ago as a result of the Borisov-inspired efforts of the Bulgarian government.
A Photo Story of Putin with his new pet, the Bulgarian Shepherd puppy presented to him by Borisov, VIEW HERE
- » Macedonian PM: 'We Are not Only Friends with Bulgaria, but We Have Become Allies
- » Bulgarian President: Our Relationship with London Will be Active After Brexit
- » Italian PM: We Can Talk About Further Investments in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Vice President Will be on a Working Visit to the Republic of Albania
- » Russian Ambassador to the US: The Meeting Between Putin and Trump in Danang was Encouraging
- » Putin Reported that Relations with Turkey were Fully Restored