American Actor Tony Curtis Dies at 85
American actor Tony Curtis has died at the age of 85 because of cardiac arrest in his home in Las Vegas, his daughter Jamie Lee Curtis has announced.
Curtis has starred in about 150 movies since the 1950s, but gained most success for his roles in the movies "Sweet Smell of Success," "Spartacus", "The Defiant Ones," and "Some Like It Hot."
However, he did not take his roles seriously.
"I was a good-looking kid. That's the only reason why I got into the movies," he said in an interview for People.com.
Known as an attractive man and a playboy, he reportedly had six wives, six children, and romances with starlets like Marilyn Monroe and Natalie Wood.
"I've left my mark on thousands of girls across the country," Curtis said, as People.com reported.
He had never hidden his real name, Bernard Schwartz, or the fact that he comes from a Hungarian-Jewish family.
Curtis was also open about his drug use and his attempt to deal with debilitating depressions.
He had found consolation in painting, to which he devoted himself in the 1980s. Some of his works are a part of a permanent collection at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- » One More Member of Motorhead Died
- » Singer Johnny Hallyday Dies Aged 74
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies