Bulgaria's Former Tsar Vouches for 2nd Nuclear Plant
Bulgaria must go on with the project to build a second nuclear power Plant (NPP) in the Danube town of Belene, according to former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg.
Saxe-Coburg spoke in an interview for Darik radio, saying the NPP had been previously frozen and forgotten many times, but responsible engineers always maintained in good condition and it does not make sense to just throw away all the money invested so far.
The former PM points out that under his term he wanted to build Belene the way Finland built their nuclear plant with the best technology and diversified customers.
On Friday, current Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, made headlines when he told EU Ambassadors to Sofia that Bulgaria is freezing the construction of its second nuclear power plant at Belene because of the lack of guarantees for the profitability of the project.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe
"The former PM points out that under his term he wanted to build Belene the way Finland built their nuclear plant with the best technology and diversified customers"
Well that's it for you and me, your Highness ! - Any nuclear energy technology will be a legacy of horror for an increasing population, with diminishing natural resources. It is a short-sighted and childinsh hope - not the stuff of Jules Verne.