Bulgaria Shuts Unit 5 of Kozloduy NPP for Repairs
One of the two functioning reactors of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy nuclear plant, Unit 5, has been turned off for its scheduled annual repairs and refueling.
The routine procedure is under the requirements of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulation Agency, says a statement of the Kozloduy NPP.
As part of the procedure, the 1000 MW Unit 5 will be refilled with fresh nuclear fuel for its 17th round of operation, and all of its systems will be inspected.
The repairs will continued till mid June 2010. The only other functioning reactor of the Kozloduy NPP, Unit 6, is operating at 100% of capacity.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe