Bulgaria Holds Traditional Palm Sunday Blood Donor Campaign
Bulgaria's Health Ministry and the Bulgarian Red Cross, supported by the Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Maxim, have organized the traditional blood donor campaign on Palm Sunday.
The campaign, called "Light a candle, donate blood", seeks to raise awareness among Bulgarians of the need to voluntarily donate blood.
The National Center of Hematology and the Red Cross are distributing promotional materials around the Bulgarian capital, Sofia, and encouraging donors to attend mobile centers set up for the day.
The day is part of an ongoing health campaign, as Bulgaria is currently the European country with the lowest rate of blood donors.
- » 120 Children in Romania are in a Hospital with Symptoms of Food Poisoning
- » About 30% of Bulgarians who have Suffered a Heart Attack Continue to Smoke
- » British Prisoners Renovated Wheelchairs for Sofia Hospital "Pirogov"
- » Congo Announces 11 New Confirmed Ebola Cases
- » Over 145,000 Families in Bulgaria have Reproductive Problems
- » Sadiq Khan to Ban Junk Food Advertising on London Transport to Tackle Child Obesity