Italian Police Bust Bulgarian Truck with Contraband Cigarettes
The Italian Financial Police and the Customs Agency caught at the port of Ancona a Bulgarian tractor trailer loaded with contraband cigarettes.
The information was published in the Italian daily “Corriere Adriatico”, cited by the Bulgarian news agency, BTA.
The truck carried 7 884 kg of contraband cigarettes hidden in plastic boxes that were supposed to contain construction materials. It has arrived on a ferryboat from Greece. The tractor trailer has been sealed and the driver arrested.
The cigarettes are believed to have been destined to the booming black market in Northern Europe.
Modern technology and high professionalism have contributed to the Ancona authorities busting 30 tons of contraband cigarettes in the last 2 months.
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor to Request Immunity of 7 MPs, 1 MEP
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany