Bulgaria Businessmen Panic over Foreign Accounts Probe
Bulgarian businessmen have been calling the National Revenue Agency (NAP) offices to find out if their accounts abroad will be searched for, NAP Executive Director Krasimir Stefanov reported Saturday.
Stefanov said that NAP offices have been receiving 17 calls over the past week from worried businessmen who say they are enquiring about the Agency’s plans on behalf of a friend.
He added that talks in relation to access to Bulgarians’ accounts in Switzerland and Liechtenstein will start at the beginning of March and that it has not yet been decided whether Bulgaria will pay Germany for providing the information for them.
- » 1438 Square Meters of Concrete were Removed from the Seaside of Sunny Beach Resort
- » Bulgaria’s Q4 Household Spending Rises 13%
- » Environment Minister Signs Contracts for Construction of Waste Handling Plants
- » UK to Seek EU Mutual Recognition Deal For Financial Services
- » Bitcoin is Currently over $10,000
- » Liza Minnelli Auctions Cabaret Outfit in Huge 'Downsizing' Sale
I wish this "probe" was for real.
This agency should examine everyone's financial statements who has a certain "lifestyle". Just follow up on the owners of all the black SUVs you see double parked in front of chalga clubs. You would be amazed how much revenue the government will be raking in.