Russia Energy Minister: Belene NPP Construction Starts in Spring
Russian Energy Minister, Sergei Shmatko, has revealed that Russia and Bulgaria have agreed to start the construction of the Belene nuclear power plant in Spring 2010.
Shmatko, cited by Russian news agency ITAR-TASS, also said that Bulgaria would be presenting a model of financing its share of the Burgas-Alexandroupolis after the current environmental impact assessment.
On Friday it was revealed that Russia is going to grant Bulgaria a loan for the construction of the Belene NPP, after Bulgaria’s Minister of Economy, Energy, and Tourism, Traicho Traikov, met with Shmatko and the CEO of the Russian state company Rosatom in Sofia over the Bulgarian request for a EUR 2 B loan from Rosatom for the construction of the Plant.
Earlier, on Wednesday, the Bulgarian government confirmed its position that it cannot make a final decision on whether the country would go ahead with the Russian sponsored Burgas-Alexandroupolis oil pipeline until there is an environmental assessment ready.
- » Israel has Reached a Historic Deal on Egypt's Natural Gas Supply
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Will Negotiate the Construction of the Southern Gas Corridor Today in Baku
- » About 2000 Households are Without Power Supply in NW Bulgaria, Due to Strong Wind
- » The EU's Dependence on Gas Imports will Increase to 83% in 2040
- » CEZ: About 5 000 Subscribers in Western Bulgaria Are Still Left Without Power
- » Rising Urges Bulgaria to Meet Nuclear Power Potential
In my opinion the pope is a catholic, Chernobyly will never happen again, and Bulgaria can obviously payback 2Billion ? leva should this thing ever get going along with all its megaton nannie's and helpers, and pesioners will be very pleased to have no pension to pay e-on for their "Tok" - when they could all have had solar panels for hot water and "Tok" for 5 or months months of the year. It all makes such good sense, to those who haven't managed to build a windmill which actually helps. It's so impressive though, the sheer weight of it !