US Police Arrest Bulgarian over ATM Skimming Scam
Ivaylo Hristov, a Bulgarian man living in Ontario, has been arrested for ATM skimming after the US Secret Service busted him in Quincy, Massachusetts.
Hristov was arrested with USD 1,500 in his wallet, the Boston Herald reported Friday. He was charged with one count each of unlawful use of an ATM, false reproduction without consent, forging a credit or ATM card and larceny over USD 250.
According to police, Hristov set up an elaborate scam snatching ATM card numbers by inserting a “skimmer” device in the slot where customers insert their card.
Hristov is accused of working with accomplices using a skimmer machine across eastern Massachusetts.
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website
- » Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
- » Bulgarian Police Officer Critically Wounded By Mentally Ill Man