US Police Arrest Bulgarian over ATM Skimming Scam
Ivaylo Hristov, a Bulgarian man living in Ontario, has been arrested for ATM skimming after the US Secret Service busted him in Quincy, Massachusetts.
Hristov was arrested with USD 1,500 in his wallet, the Boston Herald reported Friday. He was charged with one count each of unlawful use of an ATM, false reproduction without consent, forging a credit or ATM card and larceny over USD 250.
According to police, Hristov set up an elaborate scam snatching ATM card numbers by inserting a “skimmer” device in the slot where customers insert their card.
Hristov is accused of working with accomplices using a skimmer machine across eastern Massachusetts.
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgaria Reveals Names of Suspected Attackers of Alexei Petrov
- » Crime Rate in Bulgaria Decreased by 4.5 % in 2015 - Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Captain 'Found Dead' near Vienna
- » Bulgaria Police Arrest Alleged Mastermind of Attack on Ex-Security Agent