Bulgaria Probes Officials over EU Agriculture Funding Fraud
Prosecutors are examining eight projects under the EU Program for Rural Development in the State Fund ‘Agriculture’, Deputy Sofia City Prosecutor Bozhidar Dzhambazov confirmed Wednesday.
Dzhambazov said that Wednesday’s raid by the ‘Economic Police’ on the Fund’s Sofia head office had is the result of a two month investigation. He also added that an address outside Sofia had been searched; however there are currently no pre-trial proceedings against any individuals.
The investigation is led by specialist units for combating the misuse of EU funds and was started after signals were received from the State National Security Agency DANS, Dzhambazov stated.
Officials from the Fund, including some who are in high positions, are reported to have had unregulated contacts with beneficiaries of the agricultural payments.
In 2008, Bulgaria saw the blocking of millions of euros under the SAPARD program over violations in the State Agriculture Fund, which also acts as the country’s SAPARD Executive Agency.
- » Bulgaria is Among the EU Countries with the Highest Number of Old Aircraft
- » Kristalina Georgieva: I Expect Bulgaria to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room Next Year
- » Bulgarian PM: EU integration of the Western Balkans Would be Among the Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU
- » Maria Gabriel: An Expert Group at European Level will Make a Common Definition of the Issue of False News
- » Minister Pavlova: Bulgaria is Completely Ready for its EU Presidency
- » Bulgarian PM: Dialogue is the Only Solution For Stability in the Former Soviet Space
And the window dressing continues...
It is several years now that Bulgaria is accused of fraud in SAPARD, PHARE and ISPA.
To my knowledge NOBODY has been convicted!
And nobody will ever get convicted, because it is publically known that the authorities/political parties took their 30%!
By the way, does Novinite has the names of these 8 companies? Isn't it the task of a journalist to come with complete news?