Bulgaria Probes Officials over EU Agriculture Funding Fraud
Prosecutors are examining eight projects under the EU Program for Rural Development in the State Fund ‘Agriculture’, Deputy Sofia City Prosecutor Bozhidar Dzhambazov confirmed Wednesday.
Dzhambazov said that Wednesday’s raid by the ‘Economic Police’ on the Fund’s Sofia head office had is the result of a two month investigation. He also added that an address outside Sofia had been searched; however there are currently no pre-trial proceedings against any individuals.
The investigation is led by specialist units for combating the misuse of EU funds and was started after signals were received from the State National Security Agency DANS, Dzhambazov stated.
Officials from the Fund, including some who are in high positions, are reported to have had unregulated contacts with beneficiaries of the agricultural payments.
In 2008, Bulgaria saw the blocking of millions of euros under the SAPARD program over violations in the State Agriculture Fund, which also acts as the country’s SAPARD Executive Agency.
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Informal Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers Starts Today in Sofia
- » German Politician Opposed the Accession of Bulgaria to Schengen
- » The Website of the Bulgarian Presidency is Translated Automatically into 24 Languages
- » An Informal Meeting of Tourism Ministers From the European Union will be Held Today in Sofia
- » Maria Gabriel: There is no Reason For not Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen
And the window dressing continues...
It is several years now that Bulgaria is accused of fraud in SAPARD, PHARE and ISPA.
To my knowledge NOBODY has been convicted!
And nobody will ever get convicted, because it is publically known that the authorities/political parties took their 30%!
By the way, does Novinite has the names of these 8 companies? Isn't it the task of a journalist to come with complete news?