Record Low Voter Turnout of 23% in Sofia Mayor Elections
Only 23,17% of the eligible voters cast their votes in the Sofia Mayor Elections on Sunday, in which the ruling party GERB’s candidate, Yordanka Fandakova, was elected.
This figure was announced later Sunday night by the Municipal Electoral Commission in Sofia, which also said the Election Day ended at 7:47 pm.
Voter turnout in the northwest city of Vratsa was about the same – 23,05%.
The Spokesperson of the Central Electoral Commission, Alexander Alexandrov, has described the voter turnout in Sunday’s by-elections in Sofia and Vratsa as a “record low”.
- » US Ambassador to Work on Trump Visit to Bulgaria
- » The Bulgaria 2009 Review: Elections
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Party Wins By-election Runoffs - Report
- » Bulgaria’s Razlog Holds Mayor By-Elections Runoff
- » Bulgaria GERB Party with Most Frugal Mayor Election Campaign
- » Bulgaria Conservative RZS Party Takes Sofia Elections to Court