Bulgaria Energy Minister Set for Gulf Nuclear Investment Talks
Bulgaria Economy, Energy and Tourism Minister, Traicho Traikov, is set to ask Gulf countries to invest in the Belene nuclear power plant.
Traikov will hold talks with officials from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in November, Kuwait News Agency - KUNA reported Saturday.
Traikov told KUNA that the Bulgarian offer comes at a time when the Balkan country is suffering from the economic and political ramifications of the global financial crisis, and is thus seeking foreign funding.
He stated that Bulgaria is trying to loosen the grip of Russian companies in the nuclear energy domain.
He added that Bulgaria will discuss this offer with Saudi, Qatari and Kuwaiti private and public sectors.
Kuwaiti-Bulgarian talks, scheduled to take place in November, will be "different" as they will witness the implementation of bilateral cooperation in the domains of economy and investment based on good political ties, Traikov concluded.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe