Bulgaria Nationalist Party Ataka to Sign GERB Memorandum
The leader of Bulgaria's nationalist Ataka party, Volen Siderov, has stated that he would sign the memorandum to help GERB form a minority government.
Siderov confirmed his party's intentions soon after Bulgaria's conservative parties, RZS and the Blue Coalition, made it clear that they would not be signing the memorandum.
He said, "I am a person who thinks responsibly - when I say something I do it." Siderov will later meet with the Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly, GERB's Lachezar Ivanov, where he will confirm his party's position, BGNES reported.
Earlier Friday the Order, Law and Justice Party (RZS) reported that they had consulted with their EU partners in the the European Conservatives and Reformists Group and had decided not to sign the memorandum proposed by GERB.
The reason for the decision was that the ECRG did not back the idea to put RZS's signature alongside that of a "nationalistic party such as Ataka".
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections