Renown Bulgarian Actress Stoyanka Mutafova Stars in Her Last Role
Perhaps the most popular Bulgarian theater actress, Stoyanka Mutafova, is bracing for her retirement at the age of 87.
On Monday, June 1, 2009, Mutafova is presenting her last role in theater after more than 50 years on stage.
Together with actor Iliya Dobrev, Mutafova is starring in "The Chairs" play by French-Romanian playwright Eugene Ionescu at the Satirical Theater "Aleko Konstantinov" in Sofia.
Mutafova has recently approached the directors of the Satirical Theater with a suggestion that "The Chairs" be performed with the awareness that this is the last play she wants to star in, and will retire after that.
Mutafova, who turned 87 in February 2009, was one of the founders of the Satirical Theater in 1956.
- » Watch the Documentary Movie For Dobri Dobrev - a Bulgarian Man Known For His Extreme Generosity
- » Berlin Film Festival Kicked Off Today
- » Today Begins The 68th International Film Festival in Berlin
- » The ABBA Show is Coming for the First Time in Bulgaria
- » The National Art Gallery Received a Donation of Over BGN 1 million
- » Workshop For Children Opened Doors in Varna