Bulgaria's Berbatov Launches Teenage Anti-Risk Campaign
Bulgaria's football star, Dimitar Berbatov, officially launched Sunday the information campaign about risk factors for young people's development and health.
The campaign was opened with a friendly football game between the teams of the First and Second English Language High Schools in Sofia.
The project is conducted by the National Center for Protection of Public Health and the "Dimitar Berbatov" Foundation.
The Manchester United player addressed the students gathered at the event and told them to believe in themselves and their own potential, pursue their dreams with passion and stamina, share their problems with family, teachers and friends.
The high school football teams, inspired by Berbatov's personal example played an enthusiastic game, won by the host - the First English Language High School.
Several students also presented the new information site, www.teenspot.bg, dedicated to the main problems and risks faced by young people such as illegal drugs, alcohol, tobacco, unhealthy eating habits, not enough physical activities, fatigue, low sexual culture, parent neglect, negative peer pressure and others.
The goal is to provoke a discussion about the health of Bulgaria's youth, point out the problems and seek solutions and alternatives. The organizers hope that teenagers as well as their parents will become frequent visitors and users of the new site.
- » Students From Varna with Award from NASA
- » For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
- » Sofia Mayor Fandakova Promised at Least 4 New Schools in the Capital
- » Sofia University will Create its own Educational TV Network
- » New Programs will Support the Development of Education in 2018
- » 1219 schools in the Country are Closed Due to the Cold Weather