Bill Gates Foundation Provides Computers for 900 Bulgarian Libraries
900 Bulgarian libraries will be equipped with computers by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation over the next 4-5 years.
The news has been announced by the Bulgarian representatives of the Global Libraries Program of the Gates Foundation as cited by Darik Radio.
The first working meeting on the application process already took place in the southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv, and 27 more such meetings are scheduled to take place all over the country in the coming weeks.
The same program has already been realized successfully in two other Eastern States, Latvia and Lithuania.
Bulgarian libraries, who are most often part of the so called "chitalishta" (cultural community centers), are supposed to submit their application form for the project before July 27, 2009.
- » Students From Varna with Award from NASA
- » For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
- » Sofia Mayor Fandakova Promised at Least 4 New Schools in the Capital
- » Sofia University will Create its own Educational TV Network
- » New Programs will Support the Development of Education in 2018
- » 1219 schools in the Country are Closed Due to the Cold Weather