Three Possible Contractors for Bulgaria Belene NPP
The German energy company RWE is currently negotiating with three other companies to take part in the construction of Bulgarian Belene Nuclear Power Plant.
This was announced Tuesday by the Executive Director of RISK Engineering, Bogomil Manchev, who is consulting Belene NPP project.
He did not wish to give the companies' names.
In December, the German energy company RWE and Bulgaria's state owned national electricity company NEK signed the agreement, with which RWE joins the project for the construction of Belene Plant.
Under the contract, RWE will receive a share of 49% of the Belene plant in exchange for a capital payment of EUR 1,275 B, a premium of EUR 550 M for NEK, and a loan of EUR 300 M for the purchase of equipment and other expenditures.
The construction of Belene NPP may be delayed even more, Manchev commented. So far, the delay is twelve months.
Bulgaria will need the NPP in 2014 when there will be insufficient electricity supply.
The first 1 000 MW reactor have to start working in 2014, and the second one a year later.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe