Bulgaria Average Salary up by 16,3% in First Quarter of 2009
Bulgaria's average monthly salary increased by 16,3% for the first quarter of 2009 year-on-year.
The average salary went up by 2,7% to BGN 563 for 2009's first quarter compared to the last quarter of 2008, the National Statistical Institute reported Monday.
The biggest increase year-on-year is in the production and distribution of electricity, heat, and gas fuels - by 31,9%, followed by the 28,2% rise of those who work in health and social services.
The salaries of those who work in the financial and insurance sector increased only by 3,3% year-on-year.
The increase of earning as estimated at the end of March 2009 compared to the end of December 2008 is most significant in the trade, and car fixing businesses - up by 14%. In the construction sector, and hotel and restaurant business the increase was 10,1% for the same period.
There is a decrease by 10,9% in some government budget sectors, and by 6,5% in the education sector for the first three months of 2009 compared to the last quarter of 2008.
- » Lidl will Reduce Plastic in its Products with 20% by 2025.
- » Over EUR 335 Million is the Export of Bulgarian Furniture in 2017
- » Bulgaria will Cooperate with Saudi Arabia in Agriculture
- » Google Overhauls Gmail to Lure Businesses Away from Microsoft
- » Forecast: Half a Million Professionals from Third-countries will Come to Bulgaria
- » Old Buildings in the Center of Plovdiv Will be Renewed with European Funds