Bulgaria Police Bust Large-Scale Illegal Betting Scheme
The Bulgarian police has arrested 30 persons all across the country involved in an illegal betting scheme with a turnover of over BGN 5 M.
More that 120 police officers including officers from the Unit for Combating Organized Crime took part in the special operation in Southeast Bulgaria, Central Northern Bulgaria, and in Sofia.
Apart from organizing the illegal betting based on the scores of football matches, the organized crime group in question was also involved in racketeering.
For their betting scheme, the group used foreign betting websites, and part of their profit came from foreign bookmakers.
Some of the arrested persons were closely connected with certain Bulgarian football clubs.
During Friday's special operation, the police seized BGN 326 110, EUR 15 800, USD 20 100, 20 computers, 37 mobile phones, a car, firm and banking contracts, gold, jewelry, and several doses of cocaine.
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile
- » 805 Phone Frauds Since the Beginning of the Year in Bulgaria
- » Spanish Police Bust International Crime Ring for Stealing Cars
- » Authorities Seized 17 Illegal Migrants near Kostinbrod