MEMORY OF HEROES WHO DIED FOR BULGARIA’S FREEDOM HONOURED
Society | June 2, 2002, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
On June 2 at 12 pm sharp the traffic in the entire country was halted for one minute. Exactly at noon the sirens in all Bulgarian town and villages were turned on to honor the memory of Hristo Botev and all those who perished for the freedom of Bulgaria. The town of Vratsa, where Botev died, welcomed guests from Bulgaria and abroad who paid tribute to the great revolutionary. President Georgi Parvanov attended the ceremony. On June 2 in 1876 the Bulgarian poet and hero Hristo Botev died on the Vola peak. In Vienna he formed and headed a group of young revolutionaries to support the National rebellion against the Turkish Empire. The rebels took control over the Radetsky ship and landed upon Bulgarian soil. There was a betrayal and the Turkish soldiers defeated the group. After some days of battles Botev was killed.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Bulgaria Honors St Theodore with Horse Racing
- » The White House Attacking with a Car was Deliberate, but it was not Dangerous
- » The Road Infrastructure Agency has Warned of Snow and Strong Winds from Sunday
- » Bulgaria, Lithuania and Romania are the Countries with the Lowest Minimum Wage in the EU
- » There are no More Wild Horses on Earth
- » Brussels Introduces Free Public Transport and a Ban on Movement in Case of Air Pollution
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)